Safeguarding Your Data
How do we collect Information?
We collect personal information from you when:
- you visit our website
- you make ticket bookings and other purchases from us
- you take part in our activities or join one of our jam sessions
- you sign up to our mailing list
- you complete audience surveys
- you enquire about our activities, services or job vacancies via direct emails, web forms, phone conversations, post or social media
- or you otherwise provide us with personal information.
What Personal Information Do We Collect About You and How is it Used?
It is not compulsory, and you have no statutory or contractual obligation to provide any of this information. However, should you choose not to, then Guildford Jazz may from a practical perspective not be able to provide you with certain services or communications.
We may collect your name, postal address, email address, telephone numbers, country of residence, bank or credit card details, your opinions about an event, product, service or issues, and other information that you choose to provide to us.
We may then use that information to:
- provide you with gig tickets and other goods and services which you have asked for
- keep a record of your relationship with us
- administer any supporter schemes
- send you information by email about our gigs and other events, our website, policies and occasionally about the products and services of our sponsors and supporters.
- ask you to participate in surveys and market research
- improve our understanding of audience, customer make-up and behaviour
- run, administer, operate and make improvements to our musical and charitable activities
We will not send you marketing or fundraising information by email or other electronic means of communication without your express opt-in consent.
Sharing your personal information
Your personal information may be passed to third parties who provide services to us or with whom we run events or programmes but only for the purposes and uses of Guildford Jazz outlined above (e.g. to companies providing us with banking, ticketing, data-processing, survey-management and email distribution services). In such circumstances, we will wherever appropriate and feasible review their data protection policies and seek to obtain appropriate confidentiality and data-use undertakings to ensure appropriate protections for your data.
Guildford Jazz may transfer your personal information as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation but shall take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Except as set out above, and unless obliged to do so by law, we will not share your information with third parties (including for their marketing purposes) without your express consent.
Unsubscribing or withdrawing consent
You can choose at any time to unsubscribe from marketing and fundraising communications by simply clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link found in all of our marketing emails.
You also have a right to ask us to stop processing your personal data if your consent is required for that processing. To request this simply email Guildford Jazz at email@example.com